t
S
m
s
ninimao ninimao
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which statement regarding the adjustment of families of children with intellectual disability is false?

a. Most parents of children with intellectual disability come to see their child as a positive contributor to their family and quality of life.
  b. Families of children with intellectual disability experience higher-than-average levels of stress.
 c. Parents of children with intellectual disability experience higher-than-average depressive symptoms.
 d. Family involvement has not been shown to be as beneficial as residential care.

Question 2

Education of children with intellectual disability has been plagued by the fact that ____.

a. it is difficult to teach the children specific cognitive skills
 b. the children lack the metacognitive capabilities needed to apply skills to new situations
 c. families are usually reluctant to seek services after diagnosis
 d. schools are unwilling to mainstream children with intellectual disability into regular classrooms

Question 3

Self-instructional training programs are most beneficial for ____. children with no language skills

a. children with severe intellectual disability
 b. children whose parents are also mentally retarded
 c. children with no language skills
 d. children with some language proficiency, but who have trouble understanding and following directions
Read 30 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
Shannai12345Shannai12345
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free