i
d
d
J
zfuller1 zfuller1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which statement about psychopathology among adolescents in the United States is accurate?

a. Almost two thirds of those with mental illness received no treatment.
  b. About two percent of adolescents have mental illnesses serious enough to warrant treatment and most will at least get medication.
  c. Nearly one-third of all adolescents have a serious emotional or behavioral problem.
  d. Although there are 63 million children with behavioral problems, most of them receive treatment.

Question 2

Natalie uses cocaine, marijuana, and alcohol on a daily basis and shows tolerance. She's been doing this for almost two years now. Individuals who use multiple substances ____.

a. rarely become addicted to any
  b. typically are abusing only one
  c. usually only abuse one at a time
  d. are at increased risk of adverse outcomes

Question 3

Discuss the DSM-5 alternative personality model and the two routes that can be used for diagnosis.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 4

Danielle's family is justifiably worried that her excessive use of a downer will lead to an accidental overdose and death. It further worries them that she often takes the drug with alcohol. Which drug are they probably concerned about?

a. phencyclidine c. amphetamine
  b. marijuana d. barbiturate

Question 5

Evaluate the evidence that antisocial personality disorder stems from physiological abnormalities.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 6

Which statement about barbiturates is accurate?

a. They represent the largest category of illegal drugs.
  b. Physical and psychological dependence can develop through use of barbiturates.
  c. Nonmedical use of barbituratesis highest among adolescents.
  d. Because their legal use is severely restricted, it difficult to misuse them.
Read 85 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
JganzJganz
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 490 words.