s
m
c
c
tawanya tawanya
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Describe why it is important for clinicians to collaborate with school personnel in the treatment of children with psychiatric disorders.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

I never accept the results of one study as conclusive. Findings must be replicated. I look carefully at the methods used to produce conclusions. Because of my skeptical attitude, you can assume that I am a ____..

a. philosopher c. scientist
  b. clinician d. newspaper reporter

Question 3

Describe three different methods a clinician may use to assess a child for depression.

Question 4

What conclusion can be reached from research findings that the mass media reports?

a. The findings from initial research are typically replicated.
  b. Newspapers often get the facts wrong.
  c. Initial findings reported by newspapers often are not replicated.
  d. Newspapers are the best sources of scientific information.

Question 5

Describe how the Diagnostic Classification of Mental Health and Development Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood, published by the Zero to Three Association, exemplifies how an understanding of development is critical in understanding psychopathology.

Question 6

Your neighbor tells you, I'm concerned about vaccinating my children. I understand that scientists haveproved that childhood vaccines cause autism.. What response to your neighbor is most accurate?

a. Actually, no one has ever studied this thoroughly, so no one really knows..
  b. Not really; well-designed studies have been done, and the research does not support a link between vaccines and autism..
  c. Not exactly; it seems that autism is caused by an equation of environmental conditions, with childhood vaccines being one of the many variables involved..
  d. You are right; double-blind research has shown that autism is caused by vaccines..

Question 7

Describe what aspects of the DSM are consistent with the medical model of psychopathology.

Read 80 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
meepmeepboymeepmeepboy
wrote...
Rep: 5 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 370 words.