k
m
c
o
hawkmom52 hawkmom52
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Although Nelson, Lott, and Glenn do not focus extensively on diversity, the tenets of Positive Discipline demonstrate respect for ________ in their emphasis on respecting others, conveying mutual respect, and encouraging students to become productive in and out of the classroom.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Ques. 2

Which of the following is true about Linda Albert's position of parenting?

a. Teachers should talk to parents to inspire parents' cooperation.

b. Teachers should keep complaints to a minimum by selecting examples of misbehavior rather than naming a student's every transgression.

c. Teachers should avoid predictions of future failures and should never make parents think their child is incorrigible or unable to succeed in school.

d. All of the above are true.

Ques. 3

Which of the following statements about peer relationships in schools is false?

a. Students who feel cared about by their peer group are more committed to school, value learning more fully, and are more likely to engage in learning tasks.
  b. Recent research indicates that positive interaction with peers can help students overcome the negative effects of stressful home lives and difficult relationships with parents.
  c. Exclusion from one's student peer group can result not only in emotional discomfort, but also in changes to brain chemistry and activity.
  d. Students who are excluded from supportive peer relationships are likely to experience emotional struggles but generally do as well as or better than their peers academically.

Ques. 4

According to the text, which of the following is least likely to occur in a classroom where strong positive peer relationships are present?

a. discussion of academic accomplishments
  b. bullying
  c. positive self-esteem
  d. significant academic progress

Ques. 5

Mrs. Beasley says, I just don't understand why Hongru failed his exam. When we're in class, and I'm talking, he is obviously paying attention, and he nods all the time, as though he's really with' me. But he made a poor grade on the test, and his homework has been incomplete and incorrect. Your response, given what you know about students from some Asian cultures, is to say,

a. In some cultures, nodding doesn't mean I get it,'  it simply means, I'm paying attention.'
  b. Hongru probably is pretending to be interested and attentive so you'll like him.
  c. Maybe he has a learning disability. In fact, maybe he doesn't even know what you're saying, but doesn't want to admit it.
  d. I bet he's just a really poor test taker, and the fact that he doesn't do the homework regularly makes it worse.

Ques. 6

Which of the following behaviors is least associated with the process of active listening?

a. The listener acknowledges the speaker's statement with effective eye contact and appropriate brief verbal responses (nodding, saying, I see).
  b. The listener restates, in his/her own words, what the speaker has said, being particularly careful to express the speaker's feelings and ideas.
  c. The listener avoids making evaluative statements or judgments about the content shared by the speaker.
  d. The listener waits until the speaker is finished speaking and then suggests a solution to the problem or a next step for implementation of the speaker's ideas.
Read 81 times
2 Replies