a
t
i
r
Catc Catc
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The market basket analysis examines relationships to reveal customer behavior patterns as they purchase multiple items.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Q. 2

Explain, with an example, how data might be aggregated and analyzed to create information and knowledge.

What will be an ideal response?

Q. 3

A ________ is a keyword or term given to a piece of data by its creator.

A) keylogger
  B) botnet
  C) cookie
  D) tag

Q. 4

One technique to safeguard against cross site scripting is to design Web sites to accept only text-based replies.

Q. 5

________ is a mobile broadband technology that relies on microwave transmissions to blanket large metropolitan areas from microwave towers, usually on buildings.

A) Wifi
  B) IPv4
  C) WiMax
  D) CDMA2000

Q. 6

OLAP systems achieve their speed and their slice-and-dice capabilities by building multidimensional data cubes.

Read 45 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Ans. to #1

TRUE

Ans. to #2

The term data refers to individual facts or pieces of information and information refers to data or facts that are assembled and analyzed to add meaning and usefulness. For example, a single high-temperature reading of an incoming patient at Patient First, a 24-hour walk-in clinic in Laurel, Maryland, is one piece of data. But entered into the patient records information system, and combined with the patient's other symptoms and previous medical records, it becomes far more valuable as a diagnostic tool. Even more value can be obtained from this one temperature reading by aggregating it with the data from other patients entering the clinic that week. Tables and charts constructed from these data, analyzed by geographic region, may indicate a flu epidemic or the first signs of a pandemic emergency. As information from many clinics, emergency rooms, and doctors' offices pours in and the public health staff at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta analyzes maps, patient diagnoses, and many other facts, a pattern may emerge that warrants swift action.
Information can be further refined, analyzed, and combined to make it even more useful, and extremely valuable. No clear dividing lines separate these categories, and people often use the terms interchangeably. They blend together and form a continuum as more meaning and usefulness are created through analysis and skillful combination of many sources of data and human insight.

Ans. to #3

D

Ans. to #4

TRUE

Ans. to #5

C

Ans. to #6

TRUE
Catc Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Dude, you're awesome. I wish I had you as my teacher!
wrote...
6 years ago
Come to the forum always, I'll be around to assist you again
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1303 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?