I
k
j
o
bah1234 bah1234
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Executions are on a decline in Texas because juries have the option of sentencing an accused individual to life imprisonment in prison without the possibility of parole.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false.

Q. 2

Larry, a prisoner in Texas, appeals to the court for a stay on the death penalty given to him on the grounds that new evidence has been found which could exonerate him.

Considering the fact that Larry is appealing two months after he was convicted in May 2012, his request for a new trial is likely to be rejected.

Q. 3

Joe was arrested in the state of Texas for driving under the influence. His crime will be added as a statistic in the FBI's report of index crimes.

Q. 4

It is very expensive to get criminals in Texas convicted for the death penalty.

Q. 5

Ruth, a lawmaker, believes that increasing state spending on better education rather than spending large amounts on making the corrections system in Texas larger would result in a decrease in the number of incarcerated Texans.

This view is supported by many criminal justice agencies and lawmakers in Texas.

Q. 6

Burglary is one among the eight index crimes as decided by the Uniform Crime Reports.

Read 27 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
AzhanAzhan
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free