m
s
c
k
tpost99 tpost99
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Why do the prolife and prochoice campaigns qualify as being social movements?

A) Both campaigns receive national attention in the media.
  B) Both campaigns are highly organized.
  C) Due to lack of resource mobilization, neither campaign qualifies as being a social movement.
  D) Both campaigns have not met the decline and death stage of a social movement.

Question 2

In previous generations, Americans were more physically fit and obesity was less common. What evidence do we have that contradicts the claim that Americans in the past were actually healthier than they are today?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 3

Norms are situational and vary between and within cultures.

a. true
  b. false

Question 4

According to the research of George Farkas, which students were most successful at signaling teachers that they were better students and deserved better grades?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 5

The stage in which a social movement has developed a bureaucracy and has formed a hierarchy of officers and leadership is the ________ stage.

A) agitation
  B) institutionalization
  C) organization
  D) resurgence

Question 6

Folkways are relatively unimportant norms and are not severely punished if violated.

a. true
  b. false

Question 7

The criteria used to delineate types of normsdegree of importance and severity of punishmentsare determined by a consensus of all people.

a. true
  b. false
Read 44 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
grodriguezzgrodriguezz
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free