A
B
j
s
Wolfie Wolfie
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I have a question about genetics/evolution/gene flow. I hope I am in the right section. My problem gives me 2 populations (genotypes, frequency of each genotype, relative fitness of each genotype). This information is given for Population 1/Generation 1, Pop2/Gen1, Pop1/Gen2, and Pop2/Gen2.
I need to figure out the following:

-The migration rate between each population.
-Allele frequencies in the adults of generation 2 (selection occurs at larval stage, gene flow occurs in juvenile stage, before reproduction). This one is particularly confusing, HW equilibrium will be the death of my biology career it seems, as I don’t seem to understand calculations for second generation events)
-Predict the ultimate outcome of given scenario if these patterns remain constant.
I haven’t included any numbers because I don’t want a handout. I would genuinely like to understand how to approach the problem and solve it. I will have to go back to my notes, but I believe for the migration rate question, I should be able to find initial allele frequencies with a certain equation I don’t remember right now, but I’m not sure what to do beyond that. Any takers for the glory of my enlightenment? :-)  Thank you.
Read 901 times