b
c
R
c
Catracho Catracho
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
5 years ago
Kristin was telling her friends Ana and Raana about the hypnotist show she attended the night before. “It was really wild,” said Kristin. “I volunteered to be hypnotized, and when I was up on stage, the hypnotist put me in a trance and commanded me to make out with random people and dance onstage. I’ve never done that before! I would never do that in real life! That hypnotist really had some weird mojo power over me.” Ana whispered to Raana, “I’ll bet you a dollar she’s made out with random people before, and she’ll probably do it again within the next few months.” How can Ana be so bold in her pronouncements and predictions?

A)Ana knows that there is no scientific evidence for the existence of hypnotism; therefore, Kristin is fabricating a story to account for her questionable behavior.

B)Ana knows that hypnotized people are usually induced to commit malicious acts (such as harming another person) rather than lighthearted ones (such as dancing onstage).

C)Ana knows that hypnotic suggestions can have powerful, lasting effects; when the implanted trigger word is mentioned again in a few months, Kristin will revert to her unusual behavior.

D)Ana knows that hypnotized people cannot be forced to do things against their will; despite her protestations, Kristin was probably acting within the bounds of her normal range of behaviors.
Read 54 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
5 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free