t
S
m
s
Anonymous C374
wrote...
A year ago
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could provide an in-depth explanation for the difference (or/and relation) between cellular metabolism and glucose metabolism.

There is a study showing a relation between cellular metabolism and something, and I was asked to provide an idea for extending the study relating to glucose metabolism, but I am not exactly sure what it meant by that. If someone could answer this query, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Read 84 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
Cellular metabolism and glucose metabolism are closely linked. Cellular metabolism is comprised of all the chemical reactions that occur in living cells -- these reactions can be anabolic and catabolic. Anabolism, or constructive metabolism, is the process of synthesis required for the growth of new cells and the maintenance of all tissues. Catabolism, or destructive metabolism, is a continuous process concerned with the production of the energy required for all external and internal physical activity; this is where glucose metabolism falls into.

Sugar Metabolism is the process by which the body uses sugar for energy. The end product of the digestion and assimilation of all forms of carbohydrate is a simple sugar called glucose. Interestingly, the metabolism of fat and protein molecules in our diets are closely linked to the metabolism of glucose since many of these molecules are converted to products that closely resemble glucose. Therefore, glucose is the principal fuel that the muscles and other portions of the body consume to produce energy. It is present in every cell and almost every fluid of the body, and its concentration and distribution are among the most important processes in human physiology.

I'm not sure how in-depth of an answer you're looking for, but it gets a lot more detailed beyond this.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1068 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249