n
i
d
d
J
Anonymous RioNii
wrote...
4 weeks ago
How can I make this debate argument more simple and understandable? I made it but  I think it sounds too much informative, please help me on how will it me more simple

First of all, extrinsic motivation influences behaviour. Employees respond to both positive and negative external stimuli and incentives that they encounter. Employers benefit from understanding extrinsic motivation because it impacts employee engagement, predicts future behavior, and contributes to the employee experience.  Moreover, a theory called incentive theory of motivation states that incentives is an exceptional drive for employees to increase their performance at a company. On top of that, it is a natural instinct for humans that they will not act without a purpose behind it. Extrinsic motivation is better since it will improve the employees’ efficiency in managing and inducing a stimulus at work and reinforce obligations at work which leads to job satisfaction in the company (Filimonov, 2017).

Research has suggested that employed individuals are motivated by advancement opportunities, autonomy, high monetary rewards, and status. Furthermore, it implies that organizational rewards are useful for employees who are extrinsically motivated in order for them to perform desired behaviors (Bergström et al., 2016). Additionally, expectancy theory suggests that individuals are motivated to perform if they know that their extra performance is recognized and rewarded. Consequently, companies using performance-based pay can expect improvements. Performance-based pay can link rewards to the amount of products employees produced. As such, attraction, retention, productivity, quality, participation, and morale will improve (Rowley and Harry, 2011).

Lastly, external rewards and incentives can inspire individuals to work harder, improving productivity and efficiency. It will also provide individuals with specific targets and objectives, enabling them to focus their efforts and work towards achieving these goals. By linking rewards to specific outcomes, extrinsic motivation allows for easier performance measurement and evaluation, enabling organizations to track progress effectively (Kowalska, 2023).

Read 72 times
2 Replies