p
r
y
f
salon salon
wrote...
2 months ago
Hello everyone!

I am culturing iPSC and I am quite new at this. The cells are behaving a bit weird and the people in my lab that are experienced with them are on holidays right now and I don't know who to ask. There is this weird dark thing on top of the clusters of the cells. It like clusters of quite dark and not so dark dirt/cells/debris, i am not sure. And the cells are not growing along the surface, they are growing kind of vertical? The colonies are really visible without microscope on the flask... What does this mean? Are they differentiated? or contaminated?

Thank you all for your time.
Read 143 times
2 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
2 months ago
There are some bacteria that do grow vertically on medium. What kind of cells are they? Also, it could that the medium you prepared is lacking nutrients, causing the colonies to grow vertically.
Anonymous
wrote...
A month ago
it seems like you might be dealing with some kind of contamination... those dark spots and the fact that the cells are growing weirdly vertically sound suspicious. maybe it's some bacteria or fungi? better check it under a microscope and try starting a new culture.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  845 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion