a
t
i
r
Bachess Bachess
wrote...
Rep: 5 0
9 years ago
http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/06/supreme-court-of-canada-strikes-down-ban-on-doctor-assisted-suicide/

Well this is going to cause alot of debate. Any opinions?
Read 927 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
rsb
wrote...
9 years ago
I'm happy about this. Hospitals are spending millions of dollars keeping people in comas alive for months, years, even decades in rare cases. A lot of these individuals are essentially stuck in their immobilized bodies, can't speak, eat, talk. Can you imagine being in that state, waiting for your neural system to regenerate. It's worse than prison.
wrote...
9 years ago
People in comas are generally not brain dead. The coma state is where a person is in a profound unconsciousness and cannot be aroused, but the person may awaken from that state with no lasting ill effect. People who are brain dead cannot recover consciousness.
rsb
wrote...
9 years ago
I meant to say brain-dead, as in vegetable. These people are kept alive, I'm sure, against their own will. Watch a documentary on solitary confinement. After a few days, weeks, even the strongest-minded prisoner can't handle it. It's like being in solitary confinement, and you have no say how you want to shape your destiny.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1232 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?