× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
ChelsM ChelsM
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
13 years ago
I had to read an article about H. pylori resistance to antibiotics. The article was called Antibiotic Resistance of Helicobacter pylori Strains in Japanese Children, Seiichi Kato et al in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology Feb. 2002.

I had to answer some questions based on the article, but I am stuck on one. The question is: Speculate on what else they could have done or shown to analyze what they were looking for/at? Did they appear to follow a cyclic process of investigation? What else has been found as a result of this work?

The article is very short, but their methods were basically PCR, RFLP, and antimicrobial susceptibility testing dealing with breakpoints and MICs, and gram-staining and biochemcial tests to determine number of strains. I was wondering if ribotyping is something else useful they could have done? Or is there anything else better? I also believe they followed a cyclic process because the study was performed from Dec. 1999 to March 2001. And the last part of the question I'm not sure what is being asked. Is it referring to what other studies have been performed. If so, I found a newer study titled Sitafloxacin and Garenoxacin May Overcome the Antibiotic Resistance of Helicobacter pylori with gyrA Mutation. The results suggested that sitafloxacin and garenoxacin might overcome the resistance of H. pylori strains with gyrA mutations to previous quinolones. Is this interpretation right?

PLEASE HELP!!!
Read 1637 times
4 Replies