K
g
L
w
101bio 101bio
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
I am doing an experiment with liver and hydrogen peroxide and I noticed that a cube of liver had a faster reaction time than ground up liver with sand. I thought by grinding the enzyme, we would increase the surface area and therefore increase the rate of enzyme reaction.
Does an increased surface area increase rate of enzyme activity and what effect would sand have on the liver and reaction?
Read 1186 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
I thought by grinding the enzyme, we would increase the surface area and therefore increase the rate of enzyme reaction.

You mean, grinding up the meat, right? Your logic is correct. Why it didn't happen maybe is because you left the meat out open to the air for too long?
101bio Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Yes grinding up the meat. Thank you for your response, I wrote that an increased surface area would increase rate of enzyme reaction on my SAC.
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, bio_man
Thank you for your response, I wrote that an increased surface area would increase rate of enzyme reaction on my SAC.

That's a good enough explanation.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1067 People Browsing
 104 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 405