s
b
c
R
c
datageekgh datageekgh
wrote...
11 years ago
What are the pros and cons of scientific string theory?
Read 919 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Pros: easy to make up a new one with n dimensions if the old one fails, you want to get famous, need funding, or if you're just plain bored.

Cons: probably not true.
wrote...
11 years ago
Pros: may provide a fundamental framework where things we take as "arbitrary" constants may have a deeper reason to have the values we measure. This is from the theoretical point of a view, a pretty fantastic possibility.

Cons: hasn't made a testable prediction yet.
wrote...
11 years ago
well string theory is still in its infancy and it has a long way to go to become a widely accepted theory. there are many pros and cons of string theory. One pro is that is gives us the possibility of extra dimentions which helps explain a lot of the forces. Another pro is that it tells us where energy comes from in our day to day lives. It also unites the four forces in the quantam level as because a string is a gravatron. Another pro or con might be the possibility of parralel universe. Another con is that you can never prove the excistence of string because they are so small.But a great pro is that it gives us a possibility of a grand symphony that is our universe and tells us that every thing happens because of a vibrating string. As for me I believe that the pros outweigh the cons of string theory.
wrote...
11 years ago
Safwan H summed it up pretty well.
String theory sprung from the urge to unify the 4 forces.
A lot of tricks can be performed with math.
But a theory is just that. and I'll probably be at least 13 by the time they prove it
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  913 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 447