j
s
b
j
u
julie julie
wrote...
12 years ago
I was thinking a magnetic-levitation suspension system but I don't have the technical know-how to build that.  I didn't even graduate college so I'm not really up to speed on my scientific skills.  However, I suspect that the Hawking radiation from a mini-black hole would be sufficient to levitate it without a magnetic field, much like a water droplet hovers on a hot skillet due the Leidenfrost effect.  But I really need to know for certain because it would be bad if the black hole got out of control.  I briefly considered immersing the black hole in a super-cooled gas of weakly interacting bosons known as a Bose-Einstein condensate but decided against it for safety reasons.
StarrySky:  Thank you so much for the advice.  I tried it but was unable to achieve a containment field due to the Klein bottle's dual-surface nature.  The black hole kept escaping from the inside to the outside.  I tried securing the black hole to the Klein bottle with the two strips of unobtainium that you suggested but it turns out that unobtainium must be heated to extreme temperatures before it will work its magic.  Even a fusion reactor is insufficient because all the heat will bleed off into the black hole and escape into its event horizon.  I was unable to coat the unobtainium strips with magnetic monopole paint because I ran out of it recently but I will order more from Edmund Scientific on Thursday.   Super conducting metallic hydrogen is only available on Jupiter as far as I know, and I can only fund a one-way journey, I don't have enough money for a return trip.
Read 797 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Don't worry about things you understand nothing about.

What you posted is senseless.
wrote...
12 years ago
The only mini black hole that i've heard man could create is in the LHC.
It's just a very complicated proccess and an incredible ammount of force and velocity to create one
wrote...
12 years ago
A mini Klein bottle would do it.  Take two Mobius strips of unobtainium  and join side by side until a 3D structure is formed.  Coat with magnetic monopoles.  Wrap in superconducting metallic hydrogen.  Power with a fusion reactor.  That should be perfect.
datageekgh Author
wrote...
12 years ago
The smallest possible black hole would be about the weight of an average mountain, according to Hawking, or it would quickly lose mass exponentially due to Hawking radiation and explode.  He claims there might actually be some of this size left over from the Big Bang.  There is no real force that could keep it suspended in Earth's gravity, so it would have to be kept in space.  I read a story related to this by Larry Niven.  Some rouge scientists found one of Hawking's primordial black holes so he grew it in size using super-dense matter and then fired an ion engine into it for something like a year.  After that it could be moved around with a magnetic field, as long as it was kept away from gravitational fields.  It was called the Borderland of Sol because it took place in the Oort cloud or Kuiper belt or something.
wrote...
12 years ago
Phineas you really take the biscuit - but Starry Sky has taken your biscuit,eaten it,digested it and ejected it from the other end..

Nice scenario though - kudos for thinking outside the box! Pity the box was an obelisk in 1:4:9 ratio.

Pity your scenario did not include a Gauge Boson someplace.

ALSO - Nice comeback in your additional details! HAHHAHHA

PS - Nice comeback on your comment about COMEBACKS - LOL.
wrote...
12 years ago
creating a mini BH is also possible and the book explains how this may be done using Earth technology of today. It also explains in detail, what a BH is precisely and how it functions in space-time. Briefly stated a BH is a gateway to a "wormhole" or "parallel dimension".
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1298 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 447

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?