× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
ilindsey05 ilindsey05
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
SO im looking for a goofy/funny document about science or labratory experiments or happenings.

I know of a couple of joke documents such as the "Hurt Feelings Report" http://www.moonbattery.com/hurt-feelings-report.gif

But I have no idea what one for a science based one would be. I have googled quite a bit, but i just cant find one
Read 616 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Look up Isaac Asimov and his "thiotimoline" (a compound that dissolves in water about 1.12 seconds before the water is added.

Then there's a series of essays in a book called "A Stress Analysis of a Strapless Evening Gown".
The book has about a dozen essays (written tongue in cheek) that poke fun at how we do science.

Also look up R.A. Lafferty's "Nacerima" stories.

There are literally hundreds of "spoofs" written by scientists and science fiction authors.
wrote...
11 years ago
What about Old Wives Tales
An old wives' tale is a type of urban legend, similar to a proverb, which is generally passed down by old wives to a younger generation. Such "tales" usually consist of superstition, folklore or unverified claims with exaggerated and/or untrue details. Today old wives' tales are still common among children in school playgrounds. Old wives' tales often concern pregnancy, puberty and nutrition.
there is heeos at the link below

eg
"There are a huge number of myths about how to catch a cold, but in fact there is only one way to catch a cold virus ? by direct contact with the virus itself. You can stand outside on a cold night with wet hair and your chances of getting a cold do not increase at all. The reason that colds seem to spread more in Winter is not from the cold itself, but the fact that people tend to live more often indoors and this increases your chances of coming in to contact with a sufferer. It is also worth mentioning that if you get a cold in your nose, you can not stop it from spreading to your chest if the virus is programmed to attack you there. Most cold medicines are completely pointless and do nothing to help except alleviate the pain through the inclusion of painkillers."
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1235 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?