s
c
k
m
lgdaniels lgdaniels
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I just want to know, I just did a test on it and I need to be at peace if I did it correct or not.

Keeping in mind that kangaroos produce more concentrated urine than humans. (that was the information given)
@FrostFaerie: LOL, yeah....I take school seriously and I think i failed that test so I need to know
Read 713 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
you probably need to get out more.
wrote...
11 years ago
The structure and function of the kidneys of two species of desert kangaroos, the red kangaroo (Megaleia rufa) and the euro (Macropus robustus), were examined. Both kangaroos had glomerular filtration rates (GFR), renal plasma flows, and urine flow rates, when hydrated and dehydrated, which were lower than those of similarly sized eutherian mammals. The differences observed between the two species of marsupials were both structural and functional. The GFR of the red kangaroo was higher than that of the euro, under hydrated and dehydrated conditions, and this was correlated with the occurrence of larger and more numerous glomeruli, particularly juxtamedullary glomeruli, in the red kangaroo. Although the kidney of the euro had a greater relative medullary thickness than that of the red kangaroo, the latter had better urine-concentrating abilities. As opposed to this the euros reabsorbed significantly more urea from the filtrate when dehydrated (89.0%) than did the red kangaroos (69.2%). This ability of the euro to resorb more urea may be related to their tendency to overgraze their restricted home ranges during drought.

There is a kangaroo rat (no relation ) which has a larger loop of henle. Sorry thats the  extent of my knowledge , hope i have been of some help.
############the kangaroo rat isa complrtely different species to the kangaroo and is only named after its hopping nature######################
wrote...
11 years ago
kangaroo rats have the longest loop of henle as they are desert animals and need to conserve water for their survival.it is a physiological adaptation.
i don't think kangaroos have longer loop of henle's than humans.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1129 People Browsing
 175 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 422

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?