a
t
i
r
fishysoup fishysoup
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm doing a biology project and this is one of the things I have to find.
Read 749 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
stone pine tree
wrote...
11 years ago
a plant
wrote...
11 years ago
(Vascular) Plants.  Xylem carries water and minerals, phloem carries sugars and other plant compounds.  Go outside and pick a plant.
wrote...
11 years ago
well xylem and phloem are what makes up tree tissue. therefore this is found in paper. as paper ages it goes yellow. it is the xylem which causes the paper to turn yellow.
wrote...
11 years ago
A plant. Xylem and phloem make up the transportation system in plant, a bit like our veins and arteries. Xylem transports water and dissolved minerals and phloem transports sugars. Hope this helps.
RJW
wrote...
11 years ago
they are both vessels found in a plant,the xylem is bigger and transports nutirents and water to the rest of the plant,the phloem is smaller and trasnports sugars and glucose to the rest of the plant.its kind of like the viens and artries in our body.every plant has this
wrote...
11 years ago
All vascular plants have xylem and phloem....that's what makes them vascular!
Vascular just means that they have vessels that carry nutrients around the plant. Xylem carries water from the roots of the plant to the leaves. You can remember this by thinking: Water starts with W, which comes right before X in the alphabet. Phloem brings sugars, or food, from the leaves to the rest of the plant. You can remember this because "phloem" starts with the f sound, and so does food.

An example of vascular plants would be trees like pines and maples...any tree that you'd be able to cut down and see the rings of. Some flowering plants are also vascular.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1254 People Browsing
Related Images