K
g
L
w
rk90 rk90
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
11 years ago
A man with blood type A and a woman with blood type B can have a baby with blood type O.

a. False, the child must have type AB blood.
b. True because only 1 O allele is needed.
c. False because Type A and B are dominant blood types and these individuals cannot have an offspring with the recessive blood type.
d. True because A and B are the dominant blood types and both individuals could carry a type O allele.
e. True because A and B are codominant.
Read 550 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
D. True because A and B are the dominant blood types and both individuals could carry a type O allele.

Both of the parents could be heterozygous for their respective blood types -- the father could have genotype I^A i and the mother could have genotype I^B i. In that case, it is possible for the baby to have genotype ii or phenotype O.
wrote...
11 years ago
The correct answer is d.
It is true because if the man has 'Ao' blood and the woman has 'Bo' blood they can each donate an 'o' therefore yielding a possibility of a type O ('oo') blood baby.
wrote...
11 years ago
I agree with Dialga. 2 parents with type A and B could have a baby that is blood type A, B, O, or AB. This type of combination of the parents (one is A and one is B) is the only one that would allow the baby to have any of the blood types.

I included a red cross reference site that has a nifty chart at the bottom. It explains what blood types children can inherit based on what the parents' blood types are.
wrote...
11 years ago
Depends if theyre; grandma or grandpa had blood type O
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1248 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 315

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?