i
d
d
J
colleen colleen
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
A mother of a 2-year-old child becomes very anxious when the child has a temper tantrum in the medical office. The appropriate nursing response to the mother would be to say
1. “What do you usually do or say during a temper tantrum?”
2. “Let’s ignore this behavior; it will stop sooner or later.”
3. “Pick up and cuddle your child now, please.”
4. “This is definitely a temper tantrum; I know exactly what you are feeling right now.”
Read 1414 times
1 Reply
Sunshine ☀ ☼

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Asking the mother to describe her usual behavior via an open-ended question will encourage the mother to talk about home management and will lead the nurse to assist the mother in making a plan of care for temper tantrums. Ignoring the behavior, instructing the mother to cuddle the child, or sympathizing with the mother (“I know exactly what you are feeling”) are not effective ways to problem solve for temper tantrums.
Rationale 2: Asking the mother to describe her usual behavior via an open-ended question will encourage the mother to talk about home management and will lead the nurse to assist the mother in making a plan of care for temper tantrums. Ignoring the behavior, instructing the mother to cuddle the child, or sympathizing with the mother (“I know exactly what you are feeling”) are not effective ways to problem solve for temper tantrums.
Rationale 3: Asking the mother to describe her usual behavior via an open-ended question will encourage the mother to talk about home management and will lead the nurse to assist the mother in making a plan of care for temper tantrums. Ignoring the behavior, instructing the mother to cuddle the child, or sympathizing with the mother (“I know exactly what you are feeling”) are not effective ways to problem solve for temper tantrums.
Rationale 4: Asking the mother to describe her usual behavior via an open-ended question will encourage the mother to talk about home management and will lead the nurse to assist the mother in making a plan of care for temper tantrums. Ignoring the behavior, instructing the mother to cuddle the child, or sympathizing with the mother (“I know exactly what you are feeling”) are not effective ways to problem solve for temper tantrums.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  694 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 336