t
i
r
r
Beanieman Beanieman
wrote...
Rep: 6 0
7 years ago
Which of the following describes the effect of end-diastolic volume on stroke volume?
A) A decrease in end-diastolic volume allows ventricular muscle cells to relax more during diastole, allowing more blood to return to the heart increasing stroke volume.
B) An increase in end-diastolic volume stretches ventricular muscle cells to lengths closer to optimum, increasing the strength of contraction and thereby increasing stroke volume.
C) An increase in end-diastolic volume stretches ventricular muscle cells to lengths greater than optimum, decreasing the strength of contraction and thereby decreasing stroke volume.
D) A decrease in end-diastolic volume creates a vacuum drawing more blood into the ventricle increasing stroke volume.
E) A decrease in end-diastolic volume allows cardiac muscle to relax, conserving energy for the next contraction, thereby increasing stroke volume of that next contraction.
Textbook 
Principles of Human Physiology

Principles of Human Physiology

Edition: 5th
Author:
Read 1080 times
3 Replies