r
d
l
a
bugbugs4 bugbugs4
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
What are the differences and similarities of Pi and e?
I know they are both transcedental numbers...that's it.
Read 845 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
They are both irrational numbers also
wrote...
11 years ago
Of course, the numbers Pi, about 3.14, and e, about 2.7, are different in magnitude.  Further, Pi comes to us originally as the ratio of circumference to diameter of a circle.  The great mathematician Archimedes, understood, approximated, and worked with this ratio.  On the other hand, he knew nothing of the natural number e, it coming to us from calculus.
    For similarities, both numbers are irrational, i.e., cannot be expressed as a fraction of integers (or equivalently, has no  repeating decimal expansion).  Moreover, they are both "very" irrational:  they are transcendentals.  This means that are not the  root of any  algebraic equation (transcend algebra).  As an example, x^2=2 has the irrational root of 2^.5 (square root of 2).  This shows that square root of 2 is algebraic.  Euclid proved for us that it is not rational.
wrote...
11 years ago
Well mister, you see piE is kinda treat you get to EAT on holidays! its got stuff like pecans and cherries in it. I sho am happy to hep you with this one! And well, 'e' is a letter in the american elphabit.
Prety good letter to i hear.

Similarities? well, ya spelt both em wrong for starters. but on the positive side they both american.

Differences? ~only one comes ta mind is that furry little red critter on Saysmea Street who ated more pie than martha stewart ever done cooked . i believe that critter sho like PIE more than he like some ol letter "e".

Ain't it funny ow yo mispellins: "pi" and "e" = PIE lollollollollollol I don't care who ya are, dat right theres funny.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  954 People Browsing
 190 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352