a
t
i
r
Rj55 Rj55
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
& What is the acceleration as it free falls?

This 2 questions are in my study guide but I don't get it. It's supposed to be short answer. Please help and thanks very much.
Read 508 times
5 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Upward = -9.8 m/s^2
downward = + 9.8 m/s^2
wrote...
11 years ago
When thrown upward, the object has an acceleration of -9.8m/s squared since it will gradually slow down and fall back towards the ground.

As an object free falls back down, the acceleration is 9.8m/s squared.
hope this helps
wrote...
11 years ago
The acceleration upwards is determined by the force of which the object is launched with. Imagine a guy throw a ball directly upwards, it will accelerate with x m/s^2, whereas a cannon firing directly upwards will accelerate with y m/s^2. (x and y are variables) the cannon will have a larger acceleration than the guy.

A free falling object is subject to gravity 9.81 m/s (But it varies depending on where you are on earth) and it is a constant. There is no gravity in space, therefore you will experience weightlessness in space.
Answer accepted by topic starter
rnhrnh
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 260 words.