I
k
j
o
firebucks74 firebucks74
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I would like to lower my cholesterol level by natural means vs beng on a prescribed medication. I have seen an over the counter  by Sun Valley called Cholest-Off that is suppose to lower your cholesterol . I was wondering how successful it is.
Read 449 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I don't know about the drugs, but I use olive oil all the time and eat a lot of garlic and exercise regularly, don't drink, smoke, or eat red meat.  My cholesteral is 120.
wrote...
11 years ago
The best way to lower your cholesterol is to stop eating foods rich in saturated fat and eat healthy fats like monounsaturates and polyunsaturates
wrote...
11 years ago
Some most effective home made remedies

*  Freshly-squeezed or straight out of the carton, orange juice can improve your cholesterol balance.
    *  Get your daily dose of garlic ? Garlic contains a compound called allicin, which is thought to be responsible for the bulb?s cholesterol-lowering effect. Just one clove of garlic daily is usually enough to help regulate cholesterol levels.

High cholesterol can be well controlled by combining a healthy lifestyle with the correct medical treatment. Treatment can include synthetic prescription medication, natural remedies or a combination of both.

Research has demonstrated that a combination of natural remedies, regular exercise and dietary changes can make a significant difference to LDL levels and reduce or even eliminate the need for prescription drugs.

Natural ingredients such as Rooibos, Gugulipid and Red Yeast Rice are well known for their beneficial properties of reducing levels of LDL ('bad') and triglyceride, while increasing the levels of protective HDL cholesterol. With a few life-style changes and a little help from nature, cholesterol levels can be well managed.

You may get more info here http://www.healthherbsandnutrition.com/remedies/l/lipiddisorders.htm
wrote...
11 years ago
I would be worried if my cholesterol were below 300. You are right to not want to take statins. They have nasty side effects. The best thing to do is to not worry about it. Stress causes heart disease.
wrote...
11 years ago
Although you may use natural supplements to lower your high blood cholesterol; however, that is not enough. You should make some other lifestyle and dietary changes, in order to have success.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  701 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 422