a
t
i
r
danishlove danishlove
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Its my study guide for a final and i just want to make sure that im prepared for the test next week and have correct answers. Since my professor refuses to go over our answers.

Thank you to anyone who can help(:

1) Imagine that you could rive your car in space. Assume that you can drive at a constant speed of 100 kilometers per hour. Suppose you started driving from the Sun. How long would it take in years, to reach Earth?

2)The speed of light is 300,000 km/s. How far is a light-year awa?

3)If Earth's axis had no tilt, would we still have season? Explain.

4) What would you see if you were on the near side of the Moon during a Lunar Eclipse?

5) Describe the Ptolemaic model of our solar system. How did Ptolemy account for the apparent retrograde motion of the planets?

6) Explain how we can use spectral lines to determine an objects radial motion (toward or away from us). Can we also learn the objects tangential motion(across our line of sight) from its spectral lines?

7) List at least three of the notable exceptions to the general patters of motion of the solar system.

8) Explain why the early Earth did not form with water, and how it gained it later in its formation.

9) Briefly describe how the greenhouse effect makes a planetary surface warmer than it would be otherwise.

10) Suppose a satellite is in a low-Earth orbit. Is it possible that the satellite will eventually fall to the ground? Explain.

11) Explain how the resonance among Io, Europa, and Ganymede makes their orbits slightly elliptical.

Again(: Please and thanks!!! <3
Read 696 times
2 Replies