t
i
r
r
nursing8790 nursing8790
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm currently studying Molecular Biology at a University. They offer two tracks that someone with this major can take. Namely, they are cell/developmental biology or biochemistry. What are the differences between these two types of biological study? My interests lie in genetics, epigenetics, stem cells, and the biological "switches" found in junk DNA. With these interests, which track do you think I should take?
Read 617 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
You can take either pathway.  Your professional pathway will be determined when you are in graduate school working on your PhD.
wrote...
11 years ago
I am not one hundred percent certain but I would speculate that cell/development would deal more about cell differentiation and the process that go along with it. When the embryo is forming there are only 3 types of tissue exoderm, mesoderm, and endoderm. These tissue differentiate into other types of tissues as development occurs. I would think that biochemistry deals more with the way chemicals react with the body or vise versa, I am not sure I am only a biology major
wrote...
11 years ago
One is about development and the other about chemistry.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1105 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741