s
s
e
Alexx Alexx
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, Alexx
I think I sleep too much daily... I mean, 8 (even 9) hours are absolutely not enough for me. If I haven't got to wake up I usually sleep around 12 hours daily!!! But I think I waste too many time... In addition, many times I have to wake up early and sleep for 8 hours or less... And when I do that I feel very tired and my mental abilities are greatly reduced.
The amount of sleep that somewhat satisfies me is 10 hours or more (which is still too much) and, even then, waking up is unpleasant. Does anyone else has similar symptoms? Face with Stuck-out Tongue

Also, I could use some advises that can help me sleep more efficiently in order to reduce the daily amount of time that I sleep.

I know that I don't sleep very well. It takes time for me to fall asleep when I go to bed. I wake up during sleep, and I can "feel" that I sleep very lightly.

I try not to drink coffees and teas (especially after 15:00), no sweets or salty foods at afternoon-night, and I eat lightly at night (usually an hour before sleep). Have you got to suggest me anything else??

(right now I am with the 8 hour sleep and I don't feel too well...)
Read 773 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
This depends on when you choose to sleep. Is it during night time or after school, for example?

Is it continuous sleep, or do you chunk your sleep? If your chunking your sleep, then your circadian rhythm (internal body clock) is messed up. When your internal body clock is on track, you’ll find yourself naturally waking up in morning without the need for an alarm clock. Oversleeping is not healthy; in essence, you are inactive for a long time and this can lead to obesity and heart problems. The best way to stop it is not to not “sleep the sleep off”. Any more or less than what you need and you’ll feel grumpy, like you described, because your hormonal balance is different during different times of the day. Another cure to this problem is have a regular, predictable sleep pattern, because this makes it much easier for your body to wake up and go to sleep each night.

Hope this advice helped you!
wrote...
11 years ago
Chronic fatigue syndrome? Confounded Face
Alexx Author
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
I sleep only at nights. I tried many times to have a steady sleep time but it's quite impossible.....

Yesterday I slept 10 hours (of course using an alarm clock) and I think I don't feel tired.
I guess I'll make an effort and try to sleep max 9 hours daily.

Biology101 thanks for your suggestion but chronic fatigue syndrome is too much and there isn't a cause. In addition, I haven't got problem with working out, and I don't feel exhausted when I sleep 10 or more hours.
wrote...
11 years ago
sounds like Chronic fatigue syndrome
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
Yesterday I slept 10 hours (of course using an alarm clock) and I think I don't feel tired.
I guess I'll make an effort and try to sleep max 9 hours daily.

That's still quite a lot, 10 hours, whoa. I would feel guilty for the rest of day knowing that almost half of my day went to sleeping.

I guess you keep young that way Slight Smile
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
Alexx Author
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
That's still quite a lot, 10 hours, whoa. I would feel guilty for the rest of day knowing that almost half of my day went to sleeping.

I guess you keep young that way

I know it's still lots... Lately I try to sleep 9 hours and I am ok. But it's so hard to wake up! other than that I don't feel so tired (I guess I am getting used).

Damn, I envy people who sleep 5-6 hours... or even less!!!
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Damn, I envy people who sleep 5-6 hours... or even less!!!

I don't get it though, Alexx. Why are you considering nine hours such a bad thing? If it is continuous sleep, i.e. 9 hours straight, that's actually quite good in terms of relaxation.
Alexx Author
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
I don't get it though, Alexx. Why are you considering nine hours such a bad thing? If it is continuous sleep, i.e. 9 hours straight, that's actually quite good in terms of relaxation.

9 hours is acceptable.
The problem is that it's hard for me to wake up at 9 hours, while most people I know would feel completely refreshed after a 9 hours sleep. But, regardless of the amount of hours I sleep, I could use some advices on how to sleep more efficiently.
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Well, I'm obligated to wake up at 7:30 to start work at 9:00. I go to bed at around 12 midnight, which gives me a solid 7 hours of sleep. I still wake up tired, but that's subjective due to one's mentality. Some people have physiologically trained their minds to be in a happy state when they wake up. In other words, as soon as they wake up, plenty of endorphins are released to put you in a happy mood. I suppose you could do the same. When you wake up, try to have a happy mentality. Not sure if there is a scientific basis to this, but I can vouch for me through experience. Here's a scene from one of my favourite movies, Jerry Maguire:

Try to live up to this Wink Face
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  867 People Browsing
 105 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 447

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?