b
c
R
c
finity finity
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
And we're talking very small changes in gravity. Could stars that are millions of light years away and their positioning affect brain development at all? Basically, What I'm asking is, could there be some truth to astrology?

Though I am a skeptic, I'll keep an open mind.
Read 330 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
No. Small changes in gravity like those you described are negligible. The gravitational force of a star millions of light years away would have less of a gravitational pull on you than a 1 gram object in the same room as you.

However, gravity is needed for the fetus to develop properly. If no gravity at all was present, the fetus could not form properly and would be stillborn or have mental retardation if it survives.

There is no possible way anything like stars positioning themselves in certain ways would have any effect, though. In fact, if you're worried about astrological bodies having any gravitational effect exerted on you, your biggest "worry" should be the moon. But even it wouldn't cause any developmental changes to a fetus.

I hope this enlightens things a bit. Merry Christmas. Slight Smile
- Cedric
wrote...
11 years ago
> Could small changes in gravity affect the brain development of fetuses in the womb?
No>.Could stars that are millions of light years away and their positioning affect brain development at all?
No.> could there be some truth to astrology?
No.  Astrology is related to conditions at the moment of birth, not during embryonic development anyway.  The doctor's position in the delivery room is of much greater impact than the position of the planet Neptune.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  956 People Browsing
Related Images