j
l
d
y
michealjohnson michealjohnson
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
When comparing, I didn't see any difference in them except for the color. Why is the color different?
Read 404 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
different breeds of bird and brown eggs are the natural eggs layed by the original chicken Red Indian Jungle Fowl. if i'm wrong then put white in for brown.
wrote...
11 years ago
I'm not being silly, but the only difference is the color of the hen that laid the egg! White hens, white eggs; red/brown hens, brown eggs. No difference in flavor or nutrition. Serious! (I wonder if there are any green hens out there).
wrote...
11 years ago
Depends on the chickens diet, too much bran their brown too much wheat their white, and if the poor old chicken has constipation they are white with brown speckles x
wrote...
11 years ago
The colour of the egg is determined mostly by the breed of hen. I have some black hens that lay whitish eggs, most of them lay creamy eggs and I used to have black-and-white breeds which lay brown eggs.

Diet can influence the colour but only marginally.

There is no other difference.
wrote...
11 years ago
the colour Face with Stuck-out Tongue
wrote...
11 years ago
Apologies  Deenbut you have it backwards , jungle fouls lay white eggs. Mostly the breed of the hen determines the egg color with the exception of ariconas ( mis spelled i know) the "Easter egg chicken which lays light green or pink eggs. I have some of these chickens myself.
wrote...
11 years ago
Lool at the "earlobes" of the hen. If they are red, she will lay brown-shelled eggs. If they are white, the eggshells will be too. Other than that, there is no difference between the eggs although there is local preference. New Englanders prefer the brown, as from Rhode Island reds and New Hampshire reds. Elsewhere, the preferences are for white shells, mostly from the White Leghorn (the most productive).
wrote...
11 years ago
Different breeds of chicken lay different color eggs. One, the Auracana, lays green eggs! I don't know what causes the actual color, but I do know there is absolutely no difference between them, other than color. It's like people.
I do know, however, that a lot of people THINK there's a difference, and will pay more for brown eggs than white. Suckers!
The reason they only have white eggs in stores, by the way, is because they're all laid by leghorns, the best egg-laying chickens out there, who lay white eggs. If leghorns laid brown, than all the stores would have brown eggs.
wrote...
11 years ago
yes, i agree
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  718 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 488