c
p
M
a
bobdfhskafhs bobdfhskafhs
wrote...
Rep: 5 1
11 years ago
1.) Two different genes control the expression of coat colour in an organism. The allele B produces a black coat colour and the allele G produces a gray-stripped coat. The gene B influences the expression of gene G. The gray-stripped coat pattern appears only when gene B is homozygous recessive. An albino (coat colour lacking) occurs when both genes are homozygous

A pure-breeding black coated organism was mated with an albino organism; all offspring had black coats.

Organisms of the F1 generation are suspected of being heterozygous for both genes. A test cross of albino organisms with the heterozygous organisms should produce a phenotypic ratio in the offspring of:

2 : 1 : 1
1 : 0
3 : 1
1 : 1 : 1 : 1

2.) Numerical Response

What is the probability of albino offspring being produced from the test cross in the previous question?

(Record your answer as a value from 0 to 1, rounded to two decimal places.)

HINT: Did you position a 0 before the decimal?

3.) Numerical Response

If the total number of offspring produced in the test cross was 1236 organisms, how many organisms would you expect to be black-coated? Use the information from questions 1 and 2.

(Record your answer as a whole number.)
Read 6865 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, dephness
1.) Two different genes control the expression of coat colour in an organism. The allele B produces a black coat colour and the allele G produces a gray-stripped coat. The gene B influences the expression of gene G. The gray-stripped coat pattern appears only when gene B is homozygous recessive. An albino (coat colour lacking) occurs when both genes are homozygous

A pure-breeding black coated organism was mated with an albino organism; all offspring had black coats.

Organisms of the F1 generation are suspected of being heterozygous for both genes. A test cross of albino organisms with the heterozygous organisms should produce a phenotypic ratio in the offspring of:

2 : 1 : 1
1 : 0
3 : 1
1 : 1 : 1 : 1

2:1:1 is the answer ( 2 black 1 gray 1 white)

BG   Bg         bG           bg

bg    BbGg   Bbgg    bbGg     bbgg

Post Merge: 11 years ago

2.) Numerical Response

What is the probability of albino offspring being produced from the test cross in the previous question?

(Record your answer as a value from 0 to 1, rounded to two decimal places.)

HINT: Did you position a 0 before the decimal?

Answer: 0.25
doubleu,  doseofmegan,  Paris101,  Mohun
wrote...
11 years ago
A little late, but great answer Smiling Face with Open Mouth How do you do three?
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
wrote...
11 years ago
If the total number of offspring produced in the test cross was 1236 organisms, how many organisms would you expect to be black-coated? Use the information from questions 1 and 2.

1236 divided by 2 = 618

Its divided by 2 because 50% of the are blacks (we found this out in the previous questions)

Sorry for the late answers, i'm upgrading my schooling in preparation of paramedic school, and i just came across them now.
wrote...
11 years ago
taking the course through ADLC?
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes, why? You too?
wrote...
11 years ago
yes same here
wrote...
11 years ago
How were the final exams for ADLC? if its anything like how the course is its going to be so confusing, and random
wrote...
11 years ago
the first exam was alright but the exam for genetics was confusing
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
bobdfhskafhs, you may mark this as solved Smiling Face with Glasses
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1211 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 405