c
p
M
a
colleen colleen
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
The nurse would determine that a patient diagnosed with asthma would need additional teaching regarding home management when which of the following statements is made by the patient?
1. “I should hold my breath while compressing the multi-dose metered inhaler when using a spacer, after which I can exhale fully.”
2. “I should wait 20-30 seconds between the first and second puff of the same medication.”
3. “Dry powder inhalers (DPIs) should not be refrigerated or placed in a humid environment, such as a bathroom.”
4. “I should rinse my mouth and brush my teeth after each dosage to prevent yeast infections in my mouth from the corticosteroid inhalers.”
Read 446 times
2 Replies
Sunshine ☀ ☼

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
1. “I should hold my breath while compressing the multi-dose metered inhaler when using a spacer, after which I can exhale fully.”

You Exhale First Before You Breathe In The Medication From The Spacer
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
1 is the answer.

“I should rinse my mouth and brush my teeth after each dosage to prevent yeast infections in my mouth from the corticosteroid inhalers” would be correct; corticosteroids will alter the pH of the oral cavity, and can increase the risk of yeast developing if not removed by brushing the teeth and rinsing the mouth after inhalation.
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1069 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 300

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?