And in what way do they interact with each other? Thanks
Read 685 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
lei
wrote...
11 years ago
I would guess thickness of artery...due to vasomotion and/ or plaque buildup. "thickness" of the blood, how well hydrated the person is. Contractility of the heart maybe. Not the best answer but hope this helps in some small way
wrote...
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, jbouza92
From what I remember neural reflex systems regulate in the short term via negative feedback loops. So all of that crap involving afferent neural pathways (send electrical signal from detector to CNS?), efferent neural pathways (relay message from coordinating center to periphery) and effectors etc etc.

Also there are these "sensors" called baroreceptors that detect distention of vascular walls. They send the "signal"/action potentials or whatever you want to call it to the brain (I think in the medulla and possibly the hypothalamus; i might be wrong) and the ANS changes cardiac oput and resistance according to the initial change.

Chemoreceptors will recognize changes in the blood pH, CO2 levels etc...

There's a lot more to it!
Post Merge: 11 years ago

Also, I found this diagram in an old A&P textbook! Hope it helps give you a visual
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Jackie
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1254 People Browsing
 127 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293