Bleave me, i am very careful Wink Face
"Damianek", your comment is empty
Read 308 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
The best way to build one is, VERY CAREFULLY.
wrote...
11 years ago
Get an education, get some money then get permission from whoever you need to, then make it!
wrote...
11 years ago
Even if power lines went down, it wouldn't be for long.  When this happened decades ago, it wasn't a tragedy.

If you are concerned about continuity of power, I would suggest the same solution that hospitals and computer centers use - have a backup generator, fueled by diesel.  That would cost far less than the mere fuel for a nuclear reactor.

In the former Soviet Union, they had small reactors for single apartment buildings, but I don't recall anything sized for individual residences.  This would be considered a hazard in most parts of the US today.  Besides the direct radiation, there would be the concern for security, in case something happened, like vandalism, or a gas main blowing up nearby.  Making a bomb would not be a concern, if the reactor was powered by Thorium, or another element unsuitable for bomb-making.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1120 People Browsing
Related Images