t
i
r
r
dreamingtruth dreamingtruth
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
10 years ago
1.Sketch the region bounded by the graphs of the functions and find the area of the region. f(x)= 3-2x-x^2, g(x)=x+3?

2. Find the area bounded by the parabola x=8+2y-y^2 the y axis and the lines y=-1 and y=3?

3. Sketch the region bounded by the graphs of the functions and find the area of the region?
f(x)= x^3-2x+1, g(x)= -2x, x=1

4. Sketch the region bounded by the graphs of the functions and find the area of the region f(y)= y(2-y) g(y)=-y?

As you can see, these questions are all based around the same topic. Help with any of them would be amazing!

And here is the trapezoidal question:

5.f(x) is continuous on the closed interval [1, 5] and goes through the following points: Use the trapezoidal rule, with n = 4 to approximate the area under the curve from x = 1 to x = 5.

x---------- 1 ------------ 2 ----------- 3 ------------ 4 ------------- 5
f(x) ------ 1.62 --------4.15 ------- 7.50 -------- 9.0 ---------- 12.13

Read 630 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
1.Sketch the region bounded by the graphs of the functions and find the area of the region. f(x)= 3-2x-x^2, g(x)=x+3?

1) Find out where the two functions intersect. This can be done by making the two equations equation to one another.

f(x) = g(x)

2) You have to find the integral of the first function and the integral of the second function, and then subtract the two integrals.

f'(x)=−x^3/3 − x^2 + 3x
g'(x)= x^2/2 + 3x

3) To find the region bounded by the two functions, find the integral between the two intersection points (x1 will be your lower bound, and x2 will be your upper bound).

\({\int_{a}^b}\)

2. Find the area bounded by the parabola x=8+2y-y^2 the y axis and the lines y=-1 and y=3?

Y-axis means that you have a function x = 0 (wouldn't call it a function, but more so a vertical line).

\({\int_{-1}^3}\)[8y+y^2-y^(3)/3]

= 8*4 + (9 - 1) - (27 + 1)/3
= 32 + 8 - 28/3
= 30.666667

Please, two questions per thread... That's all I can do for now.
wrote...
10 years ago
Thank you for your help! I understood what you did perfectly (:
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
Thank you for your help! I understood what you did perfectly (:

You're welcome.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1433 People Browsing
 129 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?