G
y
t
k
j
nite_n_day nite_n_day
wrote...
11 years ago
Outline the usual pathway for digestion and absorption of triglycerides (fats).
Read 6496 times
2 Replies
Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven?

Eric Clapton

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
"Triglycerides are broken down to free fatty acids and monoglyceride by lipase. Bile salts bind to lipids which help transport them in the small intestine. In the small intestine colipase help expose lipids to lipase for further breakdown to micelles. These small lipids can now enter the apical membrane of the small intestine and form chylomicron which then are released into the lymphatic system or small lipids can enter the circulatory system."
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
wrote...
11 years ago
Levels of ghrelin, a hormone produced by P/D1 cells, lining the fundic region of the stomach, rise before meals to initiate hunger and decline shortly after eating to curb appetite. Ghrelin is also antagonistic to leptin, a fat-tissue-derived hormone that induces satiety. Another hormone from the stomach and small intestine, obestatin, decreases appetite. The same gene encodes both ghrelin and obestatin.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1172 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 447