× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
ehd123 ehd123
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
Being an international student, and passionate about Biology, which university McGill or Concordia would be a better choice to do my MSc? And which one offers a higher chance of being accepted and getting financial aid?
I do not have the highest grades at my college because of many financial instabilities, and too much part time work.. =/ Need guidance please =)
Read 1908 times
6 Replies
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
McGill

If you can get into this school, you're set! They are the cream of the crop Face with Stuck-out Tongue
Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven?

Eric Clapton
ehd123 Author
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
I don't get it.. what do you mean? :/
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience

wrote...
10 years ago
I don't get it.. what do you mean? :/

I meant, McGill is an awesome school. If you get in, you're lucky. Their masters program only attracts the cream of the crop (the best of the best).

Eric Clapton
ehd123 Author
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
Oh that's great! But don't they require an extremely competitive GPA with extracurricular activities and the likes?

What about Concordia?
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience

wrote...
10 years ago
Oh that's great! But don't they require an extremely competitive GPA with extracurricular activities and the likes?

Yes, for sure, but I got the impression from your first post that you actually have the option.

Concordia is good, but I don't think their speciality is science, if I'm not mistaken Neutral Face

Eric Clapton
ehd123 Author
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
Yes you're right.. Concordia's more about the physics and engineering majors than the biological and chemical sciences. However based on a google search and concordia's website, apparently it has a biology department.

To be honest, I am trying to look for as many options as I can. Let's face it and go straight to the point.. I don't feel very confident with my GPA. It's barely making it to the 78 (B) that they want, even though I've got this final year to marshal my passion and really focus on my my GPA. So right now, I am just expecting the worse and looking for a proper university that could acknowledge the fact that the student is willing to learn but not really judging on the grades they've got. This is tough to find, and that's why I am asking about which one would have a higher acceptance rate than the other..  Frowning Face
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1270 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293