a
t
i
r
franklynturtle franklynturtle
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
10 years ago
I need to memorize all the bones and soon I will need to know the entire body. I have a memory problem and I'm not very creative. I would like to know if anyone has tricks that they have used to memorize this stuff.
Read 335 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Part of being able to consistently do this as you learn more anatomy or even biology is to understand the root words.  Such as "foramen" is a whole, "cleido-" means clavicle, "osteo-" refers to bone, and so on.  If you understand why that part of the anatomy is named that way, it's easier to remember them than trying to come up with some grand mnemonic that covers everything.

This is true is of all biology.  Memorize the basics, but understand the rest.
wrote...
10 years ago
if you just have to know the names of the bones and not features on them my advice is to just keep repeating them from head to toe in your head, and listing them on paper from memory while picturing the skeleton. If you go section by section you will be surprised how easy it is.
Start with the skull and move down -
pectoral girdle (scapula, clavicle),
arms and hands,
vertebrae (cervical, thoracic, lumbar),
ribs,
pelvic girdle (pelvis = ilium, ischium and pubis, and the sacrum),
legs and feet

The one that is easiest is the ulna. The head of it is shaped like a U and is what people commonly call the funny bone because thats what you hit when you hit your elbow.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1336 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?