t
i
r
r
davis.tasha92 davis.tasha92
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
10 years ago
A sample of 500 field mice contains 225 individuals that are D1D1, 175 that are D1D2, and 100 that are D2D2.

What is the frequency of D1 in this sample?
What is the frequency of D2 in this sample?
Is this population in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium? Use the chi-square test to justify your answer.
Is inbreeding a possible genetic explanation for the observed distribution of genotypes?
Read 3789 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, sage123
part A you just take the 265 d1 mice and half of the 155 d1d2 mice add those numbers together divide by total theres the frequency.
b do the same way but for d2
c if it is then the frequency for each genotype (for d1 this is d1d1 so you take your d1 frequency and square it then multiply that by 500 if its in equilibrium you should get the same number of d1d1 mice as before (265) bc this means they aren't evolving.
I need help with D, im not sure if it could have anything to do with inbreeding the book doesn't say much about this.. it just says it can increase homozygous genotypes
Post Merge: 10 years ago

got irritated and guessed that it wasn't responsible as if you do the expected number of D1D1 and D2D2 they are both declining... that was wrong. apparently it IS a possible explanation. thanks mastering genetics for teaching me so well.. it makes no sense to me but that's the answer. Any ideas why inbreeding would be a possible explanation?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1252 People Browsing
 119 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145