t
i
r
r
Brittany9611 Brittany9611
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Why were universities created and how did were they organized to achieve their purposes? Having considered that, compare and contrast the experiences of a medieval student with your own experiences as a student.

To compare your own experiences you might think about some of the following aspects of the life of a medieval student. (You do not have to look at all of them.)
•Why should governments sponsor and protect students?
•Course of studies and popular classes
•Why students attended
•Medieval Lectures
•Organization of the university
•Students' views of the university 
•Student Life
•Faculty
Read 659 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
Education is like a door. Nobody knows what are hidding after the door, but when you open this door, you will find a new world. So I think the universities were created for giving students opportunity to find their potential abilities.
wrote...
9 years ago
Human brain is developed such that it is constantly in the process of learning something new.  Humans, after finishing the school studies start highschool/university studies to major in a field to develop the nation and the world as a whole.  You see education is power - no one can take that. One cannot simply learn something that is known by everyone.  There are advanced studies to be done in all fields.  It is understood that everyone cannot major in everything.  Hence the universities are really essential to cater the interests of subjects the students would really like in pursuing after much thought.  Besides, to make a person complete with moral as well as ethical conduct, such advanced education is a necessity.

I think at present, we have a wide range of subjects to choose from than in the medieval period.  Since each field is seeing an advancement in some aspect of their stream, this creates new pathways and new subjects to major in a university.  This produces much freedom to choose from.  Also, there are new faculties giving rise to new philosophers and knowledgeable people.  The student life in a university is much to do with social life and education (that's what I think) you know, make new friends while studying.Many facilities are also present in current universities.  To add to that, there are even online degree programs or masters that you can follow if you are interested.  Such is the knowledge explosion that we experience today.

Hope I helped!  Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1347 People Browsing
 107 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352