a
t
i
r
r
avg1000 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
I've taken a Pepto bismol but also a tylenol. Then I laid my head down since that seems to be the only way for me to rest without a lot of pain. I rested for a while now and the pain seems to have minimized, not sure if it's from the antacid or the tylenol. I'm not really sure about a burning sensation. If there's anything, it's nothing compared to the chest pain.

I'm not on any meds. And despite having occasional unhealthy diet spree, I always consider myself not that unhealthy.
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
We so need a *poke* smiley Face with Stuck-out Tongue

I found this!

That is why we are all here to give our input.

What an excellent quote, that's very true.

And when I breath in a little harder it hurts

That could as a result of the heartburn burning the passage way in which the airflows into your chest. Sometimes heartburn can get so bad it can inflict pain on the larynx since its related to extraesophageal reflux. The peptodismal should help, but also pop an antacid pill -  calcium based or something
avg1000 Author
wrote...
11 years ago
My parents insisted on going to the doctor, so we went. And they diagnosed me with pleurisy apparently and they prescribed me with Naprosyn and told me it will get better with time. After reading the web.md link trin provided my diagnosis seems less scary than the way they put it. Anybody know anything about pleurisy?
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
11 years ago
My parents insisted on going to the doctor, so we went. And they diagnosed me with pleurisy apparently and they prescribed me with Naprosyn and told me it will get better with time. After reading the web.md link trin provided my diagnosis seems less scary than the way they put it. Anybody know anything about pleurisy?

I am glad you went and got a diagnosis. There is a lot of information online. I have had it before myself, but everyone's symptoms and causes are different. I have SLE so that is the root of mine when it does happen.
Volunteers are seldom paid; not because they are worthless, but because they are PRICELESS!
avg1000 Author
wrote...
11 years ago

I am glad you went and got a diagnosis. There is a lot of information online. I have had it before myself, but everyone's symptoms and causes are different. I have SLE so that is the root of mine when it does happen.

Were you told SLE by the doctor? Because my doctor didn't tell me anything else besides it was pleurisy and take anti-inflammatory med and it'll get better in time.
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
11 years ago
It is an autoimmune disease I have had for a long time. It has nothing to do with your situation. You need to go do some reading up on it on your own and see if anything said rings a bell with your situation specifically.
Volunteers are seldom paid; not because they are worthless, but because they are PRICELESS!
wrote...
Staff Member
11 years ago
link trin provided my diagnosis seems less scary than the way they put it

Like textbooks, websites blow things out of proportion - so don't sweat it. Everything described on those websites usually ends with cancer as a diagnosis - it's just nonsense.

Good call on trin's behalf - a doctor in the making Wink Face
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Staff Member
11 years ago

Were you told SLE by the doctor? Because my doctor didn't tell me anything else besides it was pleurisy and take anti-inflammatory med and it'll get better in time.

That said, it could also be season, like allergies. Happened to my dad every fall, he hates it. Sometimes it skips years, depending on what you've been exposed to.
- Bachelor of Science
avg1000 Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Oh oops  Sad Dummy . By what I read, it could be bacterial or viral or a lot of things, and that there's different ways to treat it depending on the problem. But I'm pretty sure my doctor didn't tell me any specific causes. All she said was that it could be from a lot of things. The only thing she prescribed to me was Naprosyn, which is just an anti-inflammatory. I guess, I'll try it out and see if it gets better in time.
wrote...
Staff Member
11 years ago
Naprosyn

Or you could use any other NSAID, like ibuprofen (Advil) - will have a similar effect, and is cheaper.
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
How are you feeling now ... Neutral Face
avg1000 Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Actually I'm feeling really fine now. I don't know what happened but after that night when I went to the doctor it just suddenly decreased a lot, and now it's barely painful at all. I've took Naprosyn two times at night only. My parents kinda wasted money on the doctor for me....
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
11 years ago
I wouldn't say that. You had to find out. I don't think that pleurisy gets better on its own. Plus the stress and not knowing is not good for your blood pressure. Glad you are feeling better! Slight Smile
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
That's really good to hear. Sometimes stress can add up and truly have it's toll on one's health. When I was a kid, going to the doctor would sometimes make me 50% better, I think it's a psychological thing.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1364 People Browsing
 108 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?