You need to login first

Login information

Haven't yet registered?

Donate

If you found our community helpful, your small donation will continue to help us reach more students around the globe.
PayPal
Pages: 1     Go Down
  New Topic  |  Print  
PhysioEx 9.0 Exercise 2, activity 6
Read 10937 times | 3 Replies | Average Rating: Not Rated Yet
fathead
Jellyfish
Rep:  +0   -0

For a more comfortable homework help experience, try HomeworkClinic.com.
Having troubles with the review questions, What happens to the amount of total force the muscle generates during the stimulation twitch? how well did the results compare with your prediction?  I predicted total force can increase or decrease depending upon the starting resting length. It looks like it decreased not matter if the muscle was stretched or shortened, but the passive force rose with increasing the length of muscle?

What is the key variable in an isometric contraction of a skeletal muscle? I put down " the muscle stays at a fixed length"?

also would like help with 3rd 4th and 5th questions as well, Exercise 2, activity 6, or all of this exercise to see if my answers are correct up to now...

Thank You for you time

Extra informationPhysioEx 9.0  Exercise 2
Report this PostReport Abuse
Reply# 1
Rep:  +704   -2

3 years ago

The length-tension relationship. The passive force is important in determining the active force produced.

What is the key variable in an isometric contraction of a skeletal muscle? I put down " the muscle stays at a fixed length"?

Reply# 2
Rep:  +41   -0

3 years ago

Having troubles with the review questions, What happens to the amount of total force the muscle generates during the stimulation twitch? how well did the results compare with your prediction?  I predicted total force can increase or decrease depending upon the starting resting length. It looks like it decreased not matter if the muscle was stretched or shortened, but the passive force rose with increasing the length of muscle?

also would like help with 3rd 4th and 5th questions as well, Exercise 2, activity 6, or all of this exercise to see if my answers are correct up to now...

Thank You for you time

My class did not have to do this lab, but I dug these up...

Review Sheet Results
1. What happens to the amount of total force the muscle generates during the stimulatedtwitch? Increased with increase in muscle length up until 80ml where the force peak and declineat higher length

2. What is the key variable in an isometric contraction of a skeletal muscle? Muscle length

3. Based on the unique arrangement of myosin and actin in skeletal muscle sarcomeres, explainwhy active force varies with changes in the muscle's resting length. Active force varies withlength, because with small length there is a lot of exhchange between actin and myosin

4. What skeletal muscle lengths generated passive force?Huh???

5. If you were curling a 7-kg dumbbell, when would your bicep muscles be contractingisometri cally? Biscep is contracting isometriclly when arm extended fully downward and theholding weight up down for the initiation of upward width

Reply# 3
Rep:  +0   -0

3 years ago

Thanks for the help...i hate these labs!

Pages: 1     Go Up New Topic Print