t
i
r
r
mamamia mamamia
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
My prof doesn't use the online resource that I purchased.  I can use the self-study section but it doesn't really cover the same material.

What do you do to prepare for a test when your teacher doesn't really give you an idea of what to study except for a basic review guide for the class?  This is very generic but the review questions in class were much more complicated in comparison.  We covered 3 chapters of Campbell's Biology 9th edition in 2 weeks. 

Test is today so it's really to help me on the next exams.

I've studied like crazy but not sure what to do.  I've written tons of practice questions using the text, lecture notes, outlines, online, etc. but still don't feel ready.

I don't really want to buy a test bank as that doesn't feel right to me personally.

Any advice is welcomed. 
Read 688 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Did the professor tell you if it's a multiple choice test or written answers too?
wrote...
10 years ago
If you're not really sure what to study on the test, what I usually do is go through the chapters in the book--reread them, review notes, make sure you know vocabulary and important equations.  If you cover the important material, it will be more helpful on a test.  I wish you the best of luck!
mamamia Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Thanks for responding. 

The test was 100% multiple choice.  The questions were very, very tricky but most followed the chapters and the provided outline.  So, I guess I know what to study for the tests.

I think that this is a great thread and lots of people can learn from it. 

I ended up getting an A on the test.  It took a lot of study, though.

College is different from High School and the difficulty of the questions is much higher as well.  I'm glad that I studied.  Writing my own questions from the given material really helped.

Thanks!
wrote...
Staff Member
10 years ago
I ended up getting an A on the test.  It took a lot of study, though.

Awesome, congratulations.

I don't really want to buy a test bank as that doesn't feel right to me personally.

Respect to that!
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
mamamia Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Thanks!  It is hard to pass up on the test banks when you know you can "find" them if you want them.  It is very tempting but since I want to learn the material anyway, it's better that I don't rely on that.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1277 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204