O
x
d
s
jrodri8 jrodri8
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
12 years ago
I have completed the lab but im not sure with these last few questions.

ACTIVITY 2:  The Effect of Pressure on Glomerular Filtration

16.   How could the change in urine volume with the increase in blood pressure be viewed as being beneficial to the body?

ACTIVITY 4:  Solute Gradients and Their Impact on Urine Concentration
27.   True or False:   ADH affects water reabsorption by its effect on the glomerular arterioles.  I believe it is false is this correct?

ACTIVITY 5:  Reabsorption of Glucose via Carrier Proteins

40.   What types of transport are utilized during glucose reabsorption and where do they occur?

ACTIVITY 6:  The Effect of Hormones on Urine Formation

47.   What is the principal determinant for the release of aldosterone from the adrenal cortex?

49.   What is the principal determinant for the release of ADH from the posterior pituitary gland?
Does ADH favor the formation of dilute urine or of concentrated urine? 
Read 2837 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
16.   How could the change in urine volume with the increase in blood pressure be viewed as being beneficial to the body?

Increased blood pressure can be a result of increased blood volume. For this reason, an increase in urine volume would stabilize blood volume.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
40.   What types of transport are utilized during glucose reabsorption and where do they occur?

Glucose is first reabsorbed by secondary active transport at the apical membrane of PCT cells and then via facilitated diffusion along the basolateral membrane.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
12 years ago
27.   True or False:   ADH affects water reabsorption by its effect on the glomerular arterioles.  I believe it is false is this correct?

I think you are right..FALSE because it says that ADH affects the function of aquaporins, resulting in the reabsorption of water molecules as it passes through the collecting duct.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  576 People Browsing
 147 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 156