a
t
i
r
lovethelight lovethelight
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Can anyone please help me with my PhysioEx 9.0 Exercise 7?

Activity 1

2.  What additional skeletal muscles are utilized in an ERV activity?

3.  What was the FEV (%) at the initial radius of 5.00 mm?

4.  What happened to the FEV (%) as the radius of the airways decreased?

5.  Explain why the results from the experiment suggest that there is an obstructive, rather than a restrictive, pulmonary problem?

Activity 2

1.  What lung values changed in the spirogram when the patient with emphysema was selected?  What did these values change as they did?

2.  Which of these parameters changed more for the patient with emphysema, the FVC or the FEV?

3.  What lung values changed in the spirogram when the patient experiencing an acute asthma attack was selected?  Why did these values change as they did?

4.  How is having an acute asthma attack similar to having emphysema?  How is it different?

5.  Describe the effect that the inhaler medication had on the asthmatic patient?  Did all the spirogram values return to normal?

6.  How much of an increase in FEV do you think is required for it to be considered significantly improved by the medication?

7.  With moderate aerobic exercise, which changed more from normal breathing, the ERV or the IRV?

8.  Compare the breathing rates during normal breathing, moderate exercise, and heavy exercise?
Read 1299 times
2 Replies