d
a
g
j
Squirrel Squirrel
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
When asked about his religious affiliation, a patient responds, That's personal; why do you want to know? Which of the following is the most appropriate nursing response?

a. You need not answer my question if you prefer not to share that information.
  b. By knowing your religious preferences, I can best meet your spiritual needs.
  c. All information that you provide will be kept in strict confidence.
  d. I did not mean to offend you; we ask that question of all of our new admissions.
Read 60 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
B

Feedback
A Applying knowledge of spiritual concepts and using therapeutic communication skills will help the nurse recognize and understand the patient's spiritual beliefs, so You need not answer my question if you prefer not to share that information is not an appropriate response.
B Information about religious and spiritual beliefs and practices should be obtained from patients when they enter health care facilities. Nursing care should take into account the biological, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patients.
C Although it is true that patient information is kept confidential, it is important to gain an understanding of the patient's belief system to treat the patient with dignity and respect.
D In the assessment of spiritual caregiving, it is important for the nurse to inform the patient that he or she is obtaining information to ensure sensitivity to the patient's needs and give the patient the opportunity to communicate his spiritual needs.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1591 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 119
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?