a
t
i
r
elizabeth702 elizabeth702
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
It is late at night on the medical unit in the hospital, and the physician calls to leave orders for one of his patients. The licensed practical nurse answers the phone and appropriately responds with which of the following statements?

a. Let me get the registered nurse on the phone.
  b. I am unable to take the order at this time. Please call in the morning.
  c. Please repeat the order for me, so that I can make sure it is written correctly.
  d. Let me have your phone number, and I will have the supervisor call you back.
Read 29 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
A

Feedback
A A telephone order involves a physician stating a prescribed therapy over the phone to a registered nurse.
B I am unable to take the order at this time. Please call in the morning is not an appropriate response and is not in the patient's best interest.
C It is best to repeat any prescribed orders back to the physician, who can then verify whether it is correct or clarify the order. A registered nurse must be the one to take the verbal order.
D Let me have your phone number, and I will have the supervisor call you back is not the appropriate response. A registered nurse must take the verbal order; the nursing supervisor does not need to take it.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1327 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?