t
i
r
jessecatty jessecatty
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I need help with the following.  I have the answers just not sure
1) Which of the following substances crystallizes as a molecular solid? a. Kl b. SiO2 c. Sn d. CH3OH e. AI2(SO4)3
The answer I chose is CH3OH, but another class mate told me SiO2, is he right?  I think I am the others I know are not correct.
2) For the reaction
H2(g) + I2(g)==2Hl(g), Kc=50.2 at 445oC if [H2]=[I2]=[Hl]=1.75 x 10-3 M at 445o, which of these statements are true?
a. The system is at equilibrium, thus no concentration changes will occur
b. The concentrations of H2 and Hl will fall as the system moves toward equilibrium
c. The concentrations of H2 and I2 will increase as the system approaches  equilibrium
d. The concentrations of Hl and I2 will increase as the system approaches equilibrium
e. The concentration of Hl will increase as the system approaches equilibrium.
I chose d for the answer but again someone else comes up with a different answer, please explain.
3) For the following equilibrium:
H2O(g)+CO(g)-->H2(g)+CO2(g)  H=-9.8kcal
Which of the following will increase the amount of CO2(g)?
a. decrease the pressure
b. decrease the volume of the container
c. decrease the temperature
d. decrease the concentration of CO2(g)
e. Increase the concentration of H2(g)
I put increase the concentration of H2 but someone told me its decrease the temp?  I am confused
4) Find the pH of a 0.135 M aqueous solution of nitrous acid (HNO2), for which Ka=4.5x10-4
I ended up with 2.1 for this answer but it took me forever.  Is it correct?  Help please.
5)What is the pH of a 0.50 M solution of NaOH3? The Ka for HNO2 is 4.5x10-4
For this one I ended up with 8.5 for the pH.  A classmate told me it was 7pH.  I need  help ASAP please

Read 728 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
AlexxAlexx
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
Top Poster
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 320 words.