t
i
r
Daniel from BCS Daniel from BCS
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, Daniel from BCS
Im studying a snapper, Lutjanus peru for my masters thesis
i have a lot information about many things of the fish, im working with broodstock born in captivity.
im trying to find out its hormone levels (E2, T and 11KT) before, during and after reproduction so in the future aquaculture farms can tell when the fish is becoming a real adult and when reproduction is eminent.
the basal levels of L.P are unknown, there never has been farming of this fish before and worldwide snappers have never been of too much  closed cycle aquaculture interest for their now not so sure abundance.
i would like to know if any one could offer me some information about the basal levels of hormones in other known fishes, it doesn't matter how common the fish might be or even if it is a general level for teleosti.
i have already some information in articles about arapaima gigas from brazil and Polyprion Oxigeneios from new zeland, but im having  very bad luck finding general information i can use for presentations and general information for my thesis.
so just point me in the right direction  Slight Smile

Lutjanus peru.
Source  chu koo for Gigas
Yahir Khon for P. oxigeneios
Read 631 times
1 Reply